Wednesday, July 10, 2013

1st Week of Real Training!

So this was the first week of the "real" training. When I got my acceptance e-mail for the Nike Women's Marathon they also gave me access to an app that has the suggested training for the next 15 weeks. In glancing through it I'm excited and incredibly scared to see the distances they have listed on there. But it looks like a nice lead into the longer distances so this week it all began...

Monday, July 8th 
Goal: 45 minute Nike Training Club Workout 
So this is actually a pretty nifty app. Especially if you need some guidance and someone to time and let you know what you should be doing. I put on my Pandora to the Electronic Cardio station and started the workout. I've done similar boot camp sort of stuff like this before when we had a Biggest Loser competition at work. So I knew how to correctly do almost all of the exercises and the ones that I didn't they provided a handy little video that showed you exactly what to do. I have to say I was surprised by how much of a workout I got from this. On the one hand I'm not in as good of shape as I used to be and also I like to think I was actually pushing it pretty hard. 

It's a lot of lunges and squats and stuff like that. All of which I hate. But for two minutes I can do anything. 


This is a picture of me after the workout was over. It was right after work so that is why I have really great raccoon eye thing going on. Whatever I was happy to be done with that freaking lunge hell. 

Tuesday, July 9th 
So I know that it is the first week and all but I really needed to catch up with a friend and have a night out so my Tuesday training looked kind of like this... 

Wednesday, July 10th
Goal: 3 miles
So since I skipped out yesterday I wanted to make sure to get in a good run today, even though I was still sore from that stupid workout on Monday. I thought that maybe a nice smooth run would help me loosen up and maybe ease some of the soreness I've had. So right after work I set out on my old path. This is probably the best run in the whole city and right now I feel like it is all mine! 


I set out to do 3 miles but it was such amazing weather that I ended up going a little further. The sun was out but settled nicely behind a huge freaking cloud. I ended up finishing up at about 4.5 miles at a 12:00 min pace. I'm still not at the pace that I'm comfortable with but it is improving quickly and really right now I am just trying to get back into the groove of everything. 

This is a picture of the beach that I get to run along for most of my path. I need to remind myself sometimes that not everyone gets such a nice view. I really had to fight the urge to jump into the water this afternoon. 

101 more days until the race! 

No comments: