Saturday, October 23, 2010

Car Accident, Seriously?

Hi Blog,
I've decided that I am going to make more of an effort to actually update this on a somewhat regular basis, we'll see how long that lasts.
So this morning my parents asked me to run my dad over to the car dealership where he was getting some work done on his car before their trip. I dropped him off at the dealership and then went over to a plaza nearby to go to Starbucks. While I was entering the plaza I came to one of those intersections that have the right of way for the direction that comes off of the street. It's one of those intersections that just begs for an accident.
As I'm entering and preparing to turn right, there was another car in front of me that was in the middle lane to go either straight or turn left. This person decided that as I was pulling up they should all of the sudden cross over and make a right hand turn from the middle lane. Even though I stopped and honked my horn numerous times the person did not feel like this was directed at them and decided that they should just go ahead and run into the side of my car anyway.
Then after hearing their car scrape up against mine they decided to pull over, not into the parking lot of the restaurant, but right in the middle of traffic. This caused a minor jam in the system and they didn't notice that I kept telling them to go into the parking lot until they had stopped, gotten out of the car and told me how sorry they were.
After pulling into the parking lot I got out and took a look at my car. No matter what I still planned on being pissed because this is still a new car and I don't really have anything wrong with the exterior yet. The girls in the other car come out and I am shocked to see that the woman driving has the largest surgical tape covered cut I have ever seen. She was the one driving and says that she just had surgery and can't really twist her neck all of the way yet...
Then why the hell are you driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe I'm out of line here but I think that being able to actually turn your head and see on either side of your car is kind of important to being able to drive without killing everyone around you. There was a passenger in the car who was supposed to be her "look out" and keep an eye on all of that for her. So my second thought is...
Why aren't you the one driving! You know the one who can actually move her neck!
When I actually looked there was only minor scratches on my car and they just kind of rubbed away, but I can still see a little bit of one that won't go away. I decided not to torture myself or them by trying to do anything with insurance. Instead I told them that they were okay to go but really tried to guilt them into thinking that they had ruined my day. Which isn't completely untrue. The main point of the story is that I just can't believe how dumb some people are. Seriously.
I suppose that is all that I have for now blog. Later.

No comments: