Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Birthday America!

This fourth of July was pretty uneventful, I spent the morning at work, but since it was a lovely day out we were very very slow for almost the whole day. Luckily I guess I was able to stay for 7 hours while almost everyone else that was there at the same time only stayed for about 4 or less. I didn't have any plans for today so I figured I might as well try and work for as long as I could.

Anyways I saw three movies this past week and I am now going to give my short review of each starting with the best and working down from there:
1. Away We Go -> I thought that it rocked, I was a little skeptical because I had heard from other people that it wasn't all that great. I don't care what you thought, I thought that it was really funny and I really enjoyed myself. Allison Janney and Maggie Gyllenhall's characters were definitely the highlight. Anyways it was a cute little story about a cute little couple and their big adventure.
2. My Sister's Keeper -> I would by no means really call this a good movie, it is simply in second place by default. I've read other books by Jodi Picoult and have seen my share of her books turned Lifetime movies and they all pretty much have a major twist ending, in the others that I have read/seen it has been the person that you think killed so-and-so was actually innocent but for one reason or another they are covering for the other person. So I went into this movie thinking that there was going to be a big twist. Well there was a small twist ending, but nothing that you couldn't have had figured out in the first 15 minutes of the movie. So I went home disappointed because it was a very mediocre movie and it seemed like it was just trying to make you cry as soon and as often as possible. The plot was weak and it was a lot of sickness and family fighting. I later went home and was looking on facebook and someone else that I know had on their status that they couldn't believe that they changed the ending to the movie. So then I looked up the plot of the book and the ending was SOOOOO AMAZING! Why the hell they decided to go the totally predictable and boring route instead of making the amazing story that was already written for them I'll never know. But it makes me wish that I had read the book instead of wasting 2 hours watching a miserable movie.
3. Transformers 2 -> Yeah this just flat out sucked. In fairness I didn't really want to see it in the first place and I didn't see the first one and I had no real intentions of really enjoying this movie but still IT SUCKED. There was absolutely no plot the movie was just a constant barrage of robots fighting and it didn't really make any sense and it ended with the obvious intentions to make another one. Looking forward to that in 2011.
Next week I'm probably going to see Public Enemies and I am really hoping that it is good.

Guess I actually found something to write about, I'm glad to have all of that out of my system.
Goodnight Blog.

No comments: