Thursday, September 24, 2009

What's Peeving Me Today

So I don't know what it is but lately I have been having issues with elevators.

Here is the basic rule for elevators, let the people who are on the elevator exit BEFORE you start getting in. Simple rule with big impact, if you let the people off of the elevator first then there is more room for you once you get in. It is especially annoying when you run someone over because you are in a hurry to get on the elevator without concern for who might be on it.

On another note, when you are on the elevator and you are trying to figure out what floor you have just opened up on to DO Not look across the hall to the other elevator and look at the number above it, that is the floor that the other elevator is on, not the floor that you are on. Also in almost every building that I have ever been in you can usually tell when you are on the entrance level (or first floor, whatever may be the case.) For example in our building where the elevators open up to is a very bright and open area with huge glass walls to the left and to the right where you can very obviously see the street and parking lot. If you get off at any other floor you would find darker hallways and a door on either side that has a sign on the outside saying what business is behind those doors. Not to mention that all of the elevators have a little light up number at the top that keeps you informed about which floor you are on and which direction you are heading in. Please don't stand in the frame of the elevator trying to decide if this is the first floor while I am standing there waiting for you to exit before I enter the elevator to try to go to work, which because you have stood there contemplating the likelihood of being on the 5th floor, I am now late to.

Finally, I was excited to see a hansom fellow getting on the elevator at the same time as me this morning. But I'm a scared little child so it isn't like I said anything to him, but he got off at the 3rd floor while I was heading up to the 7th. When the doors opened to the 3rd floor it absolutely reeked. I don't know what they do on the third floor but the smell was so bad that it made this guy less attractive by association.

No comments: